November has arrived, which means now’s the time to bond with your loved ones and remember everything for which you’re most grateful. If you’ve been invited to celebrate Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving at someone else’s home, don’t forget to show them your gratitude with a hostess gift. At Toblers Flowers, serving Kansas City and the surrounding areas, our florists compiled a comprehensive list of creative, thoughtful, and fun gift ideas that are sure to please any host or hostess this Thanksgiving season.
Great Gifts for Any Host or Hostess on Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving
A gift is the politest way to thank your host for their hospitality. You should always bring a hostess gift when invited for a special dinner or celebration — even if it’s a potluck style meal. It still takes a lot of effort to host a dinner and prepare one’s home for guests. Show your appreciation with a host/hostess gift.
Box of Chocolates
Friendsgiving is similar to Thanksgiving, but it’s reserved just for friends. It’s a chance to get together for a nice meal with all your best buddies. Friendsgiving is usually planned for the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving Day to make sure everyone’s available. It’s less formal and fun’s always on the menu. So, feel free to get extra creative when shopping for a hostess gift.
- A game to play after dinner
- Cheerful floral arrangements to create a festive atmosphere
- Fuzzy socks to keep your friend’s toes warm all winter
- Bath bombs to help your friend unwind after hosting
- Kitschy oven mitts
- A candle that smells like the best part of the season — pie!
- Quirky fridge magnets
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
Autumn Celebration Centerpiece
You should never show up to your in-laws’ home empty-handed — whether you’ve known them for ages or are meeting your partner’s parents for the first time. They’re welcoming you into their home, family, and holiday traditions. Show them your sincere appreciation with a thoughtful, elegant gift.
- Lovely floral arrangements like this Tabletop Trio which can be used as a centerpiece or placed in different locations around the home
- Whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- A stylish cheeseboard with cheese knives and markers
- High-quality serving utensils are always appreciated on Thanksgiving
- A sleek essential oil diffuser with a holiday scent
- A nice bottle of wine with a set of wine glass charms
- A box of gourmet macarons or chocolates
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
Giving Thanks Centerpiece
If you’re planning to spend Thanksgiving with your family, you should still plan to bring a gift. Find something that your parents or grandparents can enjoy alone or something that the whole family will appreciate on Thanksgiving Day.
- A cheerfully designed floral centerpiece, featuring bright autumn hues
- A homemade pumpkin pie in a festive, keepsake pie plate
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has a fancy drink at dinner
- Gourmet coffee to brew with dessert
- Toys to occupy the household pets
- A set of decorative kitchen towels
- An activity for the children, like a holiday craft project that won’t make a big mess
The No-Fail Gift Idea for Any Host or Hostess
If you’re still uncertain about what to get for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving host, we always recommend s, a centerpiece, or a potted plant. Nature never goes out of style, and these gifts are appropriate for any recipient. If you choose to bring s, be sure to purchase an arrangement already put together. Freshly cut s need to be trimmed, arranged, and put in water before they’re ready to go, and your host probably won’t have time to worry about them while entertaining.
We invite you to stop by Toblers Flowers for help choosing a lovely floral arrangement, centerpiece, or potted plant for your Thanksgiving host. We’ll help you select a design that’s sure to please.