Sending flowers to a friend or loved one who is in the hospital is a thoughtful and encouraging sentiment. Flowers are always a delightful surprise and can truly lift spirits and encourage your loved one on to recovery. But there are so many different varieties out there, how do you know which ones to choose?
The floral designers at Toblers Flowers are here to help you by providing tips on choosing get-well s, thoughts on how to send them to a hospital or other medical facility, and the symbolism behind certain s so that you’re meaning is clear. Read on to learn more about the best ways to send get-well flowers.
Tips for Sending Cheerful Get-Well Blooms
- Choose s in smaller arrangements. Because hospital rooms tend to be smaller, a more compact design is a smart choice. Stay out of the way and still give your recipient beautiful blooms full of encouragement. Our Bright and Stunning Bouquet is an excellent example of a compact design bursting with style.
- Choose s that are bright and happy. Cheerful, colorful blooms like our Gerber Daisy Vase Bouquet will dress up any drab hospital room and brighten your loved one’s spirits while they stay at the hospital.
- Choose s that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Your recipient will be able to take long-lasting blooms home with them from the hospital. Low-maintenance s and plants will allow them to spend more time and energy recovering from their stay.
- Choose s that come in durable containers. Be sure to choose containers in durable materials in case your s are moved, bumped, or knocked over in the cramped hospital room. A basket bouquet like our You Are My Sunshine Bouquet is a perfect option.
- Choose s that are allergy-free. No one likes to be irritated by allergies. Be sure to choose hypoallergenic blooms, like carnations, orchids, and chrysanthemums to keep allergy-prone hospital staff and medical professionals happy during your recipient’s stay.
Bright and Stunning Bouquet
You Are My Sunshine Bouquet
How to Choose Get-Well Flowers with Meaning
Flowers have been known for centuries to communicate various symbols, messages, and thoughts. Here is a list of a few popular get-well s that just might convey exactly what you want to say.
- Lilies: Bright, colorful trumpet-shaped blooms have represented life and good fortune for centuries.
- Hydrangea: Fresh, big, and bold, these pastel clouds of blooms represent perseverance.
- Suns: Showy and bright, the yellow petals of these blooms represent sunny optimism and good fortune.
- Daisies: Happy, cheerful faces represent everything positive and optimistic in life.
- Roses: Deep, classic beauties, roses have a plethora of meanings. Yellow and orange roses often stand for determination and good luck.
- Iris: From the Greek word for “rainbow,” the deep blues and purples of iris bring a promise for a new day.
Gerber Daisy Vase Bouquet
The floral designers at Toblers Flowers are here to offer some advice about choosing the best get-well s, without creating a disruption in your loved one’s hospital room. We’ll also help you know what meaning your s convey, and walk you through sending deliveries to your local Rochester area hospitals. Check out these professional practices that will help you send the perfect get-well s with ease.
For sample Get Well messages to include with your flowers, or tips on how to write the perfect Get Well message, visit our Card Messaging page.